chia!

19.9.13

Last week Sean and I went to Salt Lake City for a fun hang out day, and so Sean can do some research for his upcoming interior design project. While we were there we decided to stop by Whole Foods to get lunch and I tried a chia drink for my very first time. I've heard of chia before, but I've never tried it or knew how to use it. The drink was amazing! {it was called Synergy} After I got home I decided to research a little more about chia seeds and why they are healthy. Can I just tell you, they are so fantastic you'll want to eat them everyday! 

The Health Benefits of Chia 

♥ 1 oz serving has 11 grams of fiber 
♥ more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon
♥a great source of calcium
♥ lots of PROTEIN, no cholesterol
♥ helps you stay full and fights belly fat 


Chia Drink "recipe" 
 {it only has three ingredients, and one of them is water}

♥ 3 tablespoons of chia seeds 
{I got mine at a natural store in Logan, but you can get them at any health store}
♥ 1 cup of warm water
♥ 1 cup of juice 
{whatever juice you like works!}




Soak the chia seeds in 1 cup of warm water overnight, in the fridge. I just put mine in the measuring cup and covered it with wrap.  


In the morning, give the seeds a good stir. They should have jelled overnight. 
I filmed this little video just to show how they are suppose to look. 




Combine the jelled chia seeds with 1 cup of juice. I put mine in a bottle, but you can just use a glass or some sort of a jar. Enjoy!!! 

this tasted exactly like the store bought juice :)

i hope you like it as much as i do! :)
I think homemade chia drinks could be a little healthier than the prepackaged store bought ones, because you don't have to add any sorts of acids to keep it fresh :) 

Let me know if you try it! We've been loving it 

xoxo
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

make my day, leave a comment :) please keep it kind :) thanks